Design is normally about creating impact, but there many ways to reduce the environmental impact of your marketing collateral by choosing the right print processes and materials:
- Using local, environmentally accredited printers (ISO 14001)
- Specifying recycled or FSC certified papers
- Using vegetable based inks
- Creating email newsletters rather than printed leaflets
- Specifying smaller page sizes (do you really need a big folder when a small booklet will use less paper and suit your project better?)
In the office, I use low energy lighting, underfloor heating powered by a ground source heat pump, solar hot water and rainwater harvesting, and as my commute to work is a hop, skip and a jump from my house, Eau Rouge's environmental footprint is pretty small!
Regarding my jewellery designs, I only buy gemstones from suppliers who can trace the stones back to source and who are bound by strict code of ethics by being members of various Gemological Associations.